Spaceship international logistics platform has prepared the following list of restricted and prohibited items. Please take a look before preparing your parcels and contact Spaceship Customer Service for advice if any questions.
Spaceship Light Service DOES NOT accept parcels with food or liquids, or else fine is applicable
If Spaceship, the courier or customs find any restricted items without required document or packaging, the Spaceship account owner will need to pay additional handling cost at HKD75 per parcel plus the return shipping fee.
Restricted Items (Goods that are acceptable under certain conditions)
Some international courier under certain circumstances (such as having material safety certificates, business licenses, import and export licenses) will accept shipments of the following restricted items. If your shipment contains the following items, please contact Spaceship customer service first to provide shipping certificate permission and get a shipping advice in order to ensure the smooth transition of the mail.
- Items containing medicinal ingredients, including but not limited to eye drops, medicine, pills, doctor-prescribed drugs, analgesic plaster, anti-inflammatory cream.
- Items containing lithium ion batteries and lithium metal batteries. (in accordance with IATA UN3481 Article 966 Section II or Article 967 Section II are not included here. Please contact Spaceship customer service for details or refer to the guidelines of sending electronic products)
- Beverages with low** alcohol content, 24% alcohol or less.
** including but not limited to beer, house-wine.
- Radio Transceivers: All radios and including Bluetooth/WIFI enabled equipment
- Powdered Products: Including but not limited to edible powders, cosmetic powders, cleaning powders
General Forbidden/Prohibited Items
If Spaceship, the courier or customs find any forbidden items or dangerous items, the Spaceship account owner will need to pay a minimum penalty at HKD 1,000 in addition to the pre-paid shipping cost and other related costs. The payment of such fees does not have a limit or exclude any relevant legal responsibility that the customer needs to bear for violating the international transportation regulations.
Require Temperature Control:
Perishable foods or beverages, fresh fruits and vegetables (including meat)
- Cash, legal transaction currency, including but not limited to banknotes, banknotes, coins
- Stamps, cash vouchers, tokens, tickets of any kind, credit cards, debit cards or cash cards
- Gold bars or bars of any precious metal
Tobacco and related device accessories:
- All cigarettes, e-cigarettes, tobacco and tobacco-related paraphernalia, including hookahs and e-cigarette accessories
Metals and Fine Jewellery/Arts:
- Metals, including but not limited to gold, silver and platinum in bar, coin or ingot form.
- Uncut and polished loose precious and semi-precious stones
- fine jewellery
- Antiquities or Artwork
- remains, ashes
- Furs, live animals or animal products
- Ivory and its products
- Animal hunting items include ivory and shark fins, but are not limited to the items listed above or prohibited sports products stipulated by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and local regulations.
Plants and Plant Products:
Including but not limited to seeds, tobacc
Illegal, Obscene and Indecent Articles:
- Illegal goods, including but not limited to counterfeit goods and narcotics
- Pornography, including but not limited to pornography
- Dangerous or flammable items, including but not limited to perfume, alcohol, aromatherapy, nail polish, paint, gasoline, motor oil, camphor oil, turpentine, tannat, glue and other flammable liquids under certain conditions.
- Packages that are damp or have an unusual smell
- Gas, compressed gas, pressure tanks, including but not limited to compressed gas, dry ice, fire extinguishers, gas cartridges, inflatable spheres, life preservers, explosive car airbags, aerosols, gas lighters, gas cylinders, light bulbs
- Arms, arms-related components and ammunition and explosives.
- Controlled knives, crossbow arrows (except tableware)
- radioactive or infectious material
Prohibited items listed under law:
Prohibited goods listed under laws of any country or local government where the shipment pass through.
Spaceship's list of prohibited items is for reference only. According to different customs and courier company regulations around the world, if you have any questions about the items you are going to send, please check with Spaceship customer service before sending.
Spaceship does not bear any responsibility related to such prohibited items. Spaceship, courier and customs also reserve all rights for full investigation about the shipment, sender and/or the recipient.
As the information is constantly updated and changed, it is recommended to contact the local customs before shipment to avoid any unnecessary delays or returns. Spaceship is not responsible for any information posted on this pages or related to third parties.